Monday, June 13, 2011

Can You Really Sell it All?

I wanted my Ad to say, "I've been paying full price for incredible finds since 1997 so that you could get them for next to nothing today", but that was way too many words.

On Saturday I woke up at 5:30 a.m. to finish laying the foundation of a yard sale I had been planning for 3 weeks. Only, it wasn't going so well. A torrential down pour started shortly after I got started and I began to doubt my decision to move away. Was it a sign of things to come? Was the Universe raining on my parade? It's not like I wasn't prepared. A very close friend of mine who had volunteered to come and help was also the harbinger of bad news calling me the previous day to announce that rain was predicted for the whole weekend. She wanted to know what I was going to do. You know what's so funny? I got pissed off at her for telling me! Like it had anything to do with her. She doesn't control the weather, or maybe she does, what do I know? Anyway, if she hadn't told me I would not have called another friend and she would not have helped me devise a plan to make it work! Go figure! I Love My Friends! I'm a blurter and sometimes I just have to say what I'm thinking and that came into my head so I typed it, but that was just an aside, but anyway...

So, I was standing looking out the window at the ocean of rain falling in my driveway and I began to wonder about what I was doing and if in a month of Sunny Saturdays the rain came on the only one that I decided to sell all my stuff, should I rethink my decision. Was somebody trying to tell me something? But that kind of thinking is what's gotten me here to begin with. Nobody else is the boss of me. I'll do what I want! Because you can flip that kind of thinking too! Maybe the message to me was that I could push through any difficulty in my life and follow my own path and move forward with a clean slate. When I thought about that I felt much better, much lighter and very happy. So I danced around the living room and sang a yard sale song I made up and people came out in droves to buy my stuff, even in the rain! I had such a good time!

If you want to have a yard sale click on the links for some great ideas to make it a success!

How to Host the Perfect Yard Sale


Yard Sale Search

Yard Sale Etiquette (Who Knew?)


Of course those links will lead you to other links that could keep you reading all day. Enjoy it!

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely attitude and I'd like a video of the dance, please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dont have a video, but I can send you a picture of my feet, they are adorable. I could sing you a song too if you like!

    ReplyDelete