Friday, June 17, 2011

Stress Much?

When I'm over-loaded with decisions, choices, work, phone calls, responsibilities and a host of thoughts something happens inside me and I feel like I can't keep up with it all. Small chores like doing the dishes, making the bed or returning a phone call become overwhelming and my level of concentration is minus 10.

Right now I'm feeling like I need a 30 day vacation. I haven't taken a vacation since 2005 and I am in desperate need of one. I have had this feeling in the past, but I was usually able to get away from it for even a weekend, right now that is not the case.

I am starting to notice the physical symptoms of stress, muscle aches and pains, being tired all the time, in ability to concentrate or perform menial tasks and the strong urge to run away! What's a gurl to do?

I may just give myself a short break, but it's kind of difficult living in squaller, which I hate. Boxes everywhere. I have tried to put everything in one room, but it's starting to overflow. I guess you could say I'm having a little-bit-O-trouble maintaining my composure. The best thing I can do is take care of myself in all of this by managing my time, completing tasks I set out to do and allowing myself to rest.

This to shall pass!

3 comments:

  1. Yes. It will. Soon. Stay in the moment and breathe on purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make sure you complete one thing a day no matter how small so you can cross it off the list. This creates immeasurable energy for me! Take 20 minute naps- I find if I lay on my back even if I doze its brief and I feel energized. Also lemonade or veg juice to alkalize. There is so much emotion that doesn't get processed when packing up ones life this fast.... thanks for taking your precious time for a note to me this morning I so appreciated it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for your comments! And Tamara you're so welcome it was my pleasure!

    ReplyDelete